Monday 15 September 2014

How Do I Start With a Gluten Free Diet?

I have been working with allergy nutrition for years and people are still finding it tough to get a grip on their diet. Today I am giving you information about starting gluten free. I also have an ebook for sale which is only €3.49 full of great information and recipes. Simply email me to purchase.

If you would like a one to one nutrition consultation which is only €40 simply contact Heidi on 085 7330038 or email info@heidigrimwood.com



How Do I Start With A Gluten Free Diet?!
It’s daunting enough when you get the news or decide yourself to go totally gluten free. What can I eat, where can I eat and am I going to have to take out a second mortgage to fund it?
I personally found the best way to get a proper start was to take EVERYTHING out of my house that I did not need any more that way I could never be lazy and just 'throw in a slice of bread'. Then I made up lots of different meals and froze them so if I was stuck with what to make at least there was something in the freezer so I didn't have to think. Eating out can be hard but many places are becoming more savvy to the Coeliac/gluten free world so have more options than we give them credit for. I also decided not to try and replace the likes of bread but make a change altogether that way I didn't rely on my toast/cereal for breakfast and sandwich/wrap for lunch - my taste buds now look for something different. I went what we call naturally gluten free so had:

Meat/fish/seafood
Vegetables and fruit
Nuts, seeds, pulses

I then (like a mad chef) tried all different concoctions - some worked some didn't but I now have many other ideas of how to eat gluten free cheaper and easier without relying on breads etc for the easy option.

Now I have the hang of it I can combine some flour based foods but I don't eat them daily maybe once a week as I am not used to eating them anymore so don't crave or miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment