Wednesday 9 April 2014

Having a tough day? Read this!

As much as we try to remain optimistic every day just sometimes things get on top of us. We can't see the wood from the trees and things feel simply awful. Well today I was feeling a little woeful and then turned on my computer and found this email. What is was, was a cyber kick up the arse, just what I needed and I hope it helps you today. Love and light Heidi xx



I’m standing in a packed train carriage, still 40 minutes away from my stop and the train has now been sitting motionless for over half an hour.

Heels aching…clutching my bags as close to me as possible to make more room for the passengers around me…all the while inwardly berating the train service for always doing this. Canceling journeys. Railway track maintenance at the most inconvenient of times. Running too few trains…

But then I catch myself and am brought out of my internal grumbling with a single thought; I chose this.

No one has forced me to take advantage of the railway service. I said yes to making this train journey. Isaid yes to meeting with a client to discuss a potential writing opportunity – a really exciting one at that.I said yes to earning a living by doing something I love. I said yes to living in the countryside, as opposed to the city, because there’s nothing I love more than the great outdoors!

I was the one who said YES to all of these things. So what is the problem here?

There is no problem. And the more I think about it and how all of my choices until now have led me to this moment, standing with achy feet on this broken-down train, the HAPPIER I actually begin to feel.

So today, I just wanted to take this chance to remind you (and myself), that life is a choice.

Every moment of every day is for you to choose.

If you’re struggling to make friends in your new town; if you’ve decided to give up your career for your family; if you’re in the middle of an exhilarating but terrifying adventure; if it’s hard keeping your new business afloat…it doesn’t matter what’s going on in your life right now, remember it was your choice.

And that means that you still have the choice to either keep going, or to make new choices.

And that is power.

Here's to a life YOU choose,

No comments:

Post a Comment