Tuesday 16 September 2014

HELP - My Child Keeps Sneaking Sweets at Home

So a friend of mine cries for help as she finds her child once again sneaking sweets when she is not looking. You are not alone! So many people tell me they have their problem with their children.

Firstly children learn from us. From our actions or reactions. Monkey see monkey do.

If you want your child to have a healthy relationship to food then you need to look at your relationship with food.

First things first - TAKE OUT THE SWEETS FROM YOUR HOME!

If they are not in the house your children can't get to them. You don't have to take them out of the house forever but you may have to. As an obese child myself my parents could never keep sweets and cakes in the house even when I had lost the weight, my relationship with food was never a fair one when I was younger and I simply didn't have the will-power.

So take the sweets out of the house and start getting adventurous with the foods you do have in the house. I freeze banana chunks with a little honey and sesame seeds on them - a delicious treat low GI and 'good sugars'.

There are plenty of ways to get your child into good foods but first you need to take temptation out of the home and don't fear they will starve!!! When a child is truly hungry s/he will eat I assure you.

For a one to one consultation or for more information contact Heidi on 085 7330038 or email info@heidigrimwood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment